Friday 29 January 2021

Adrift

I thought I’d treat myself to a bit of writing this morning because I feel that my life is lacking something. I find that when my imagination is not working on something constructive, it works instead on something maybe not quite so good.



Last night I watched Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon again. It’s such a great film. I couldn’t believe how affected by it I was the first time I watched it in Japan on my laptop - it was one of those films that just blew me away. Watching it again with the English voiceover I was struck by how good the voice actors were too. Of course the first time I saw it I wasn’t aware that the reason Chow Yun Fat puts his hand behind his back while balancing on the ultra-thin bamboo branches was to support himself on the wires. I fell in love with Michelle Yeoh all over again.

Now it’s a classic, as are many films I still consider relatively new. I guess that’s what happens when you get older.

My life is a spinning compass. I’m adrift. I have no direction. I wish I had a job at least, so someone could shout at me if I went astray. But no. Working for myself I can spend hours on social media doing ‘marketing’ and researching the ‘market’ or in other words ‘dicking about’.

Let us chart a course then, my friends, and hold fast! And use big ass bullet points for emphasis!

  • I need to continue working on my videos.
  • I need to prepare for some English lessons
  • I need to wrap and return a present
  • I need to prepare for West Lothian Film tonight 7-9pm
  • I need to practice and prepare for the January Saltire Zoom Open Mic tomorrow night 8pm-11pm
  • I need to stop saying 'need' so much
  • I should write some of 'Travels in Japan' and 'Jake Jones & The Puppy Master'

Yes, if I can get these things done I’ll be satisfied. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment